Meet Rev. Rich Rubietta
Northern Illinois Conference Evangelist
United Methodist Church
Pastor for 18 years in the Northern Illinois Conference of the United Methodist Church. Conference Evangelist
since 1999, appointed to Abounding Ministries.
Graduate of Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois with a BA in Music. Graduate of Trinity Divinity
School, Deerfield, IL with a Masters in Divinity.
Worship Leader, Composer and Producer who uses Guitar, Sequencer (keyboard) and acoustic instruments to lead
Effectively introduced contemporary worship in three former parishes.
Married for 22 years to Jane Rubietta who is an author, speaker and homemaker. Together they have children aged 19, 18 and 13.
His hobbies include hiking, swimming, cross-country skiing and in-line skating
Rich released the CD, Quiet Places, February 2000 and Room 4U and Me in June 2004.
Rich Rubietta is a modern day Circuit Rider, our resident Conference Evangelist commissioned first by the 1999 Annual Conference.
Appointed to Abounding Ministries, Rich criss-crosses Northern Illinois each week introducing creative ways to use music in worship, leading workshops, Youth events, Camps and Retreats. He is a "Musician-ary", helping congregations redevelop and rediscover their voice in worship.
Abounding Ministries is part of the Rainbow Covenant and the mission to help persons experience the life-changing love of God in Christ, thru Music, Writing, Speaking and Retreats.
Using God's gift of Music to-
- Chance to Dance- How can we be more authentic and fully alive in our worship services?
- Buried Treasure- How do we discover, develop and deploy our gifts for ministry?
- Deep Hungers- How do our appetites impact our effectiveness as Disciples of Jesus Christ?
- Who's at the Table- Are we caring or merely a friendly church?
- Rest-Less- Beating back the beast of busy-ness!
- Resource-Full- Steward Sunday message or series
Services Provided by Abounding Music
- Share Christ's good news and call to discipleship
- Develop creative worship services that retain the tradition of great
hymns while engaging both our yout and the unchurched
- Help people experience God in less self-conscious and more animated worship
- Call forth the artistic gifts of laity and clergy and train Youth and Adults to lead worship together
- Seek God with the musical styles of many cultures
- Be of service to persons of all economic and social classes
- Introduce original electronic and acoustic music based upon the UM Hymnal,
TFWS, new worship songs from around the world and original scripture-based songs.
- Demonstrate creative uses of music in your worship services
- Short-term Training for your musicians - sharing skills and resources on-location and leading worship together
- Worship Consultation - strategies to implement new services for you leaders
- Benefit Concerts - for your special Local Church projects of General Church Missions, sharing some percentage of a Love Offering between the Abounding Band and your Project. A great outreach opportunity as well!
- Facilitating Spiritual Renewal Retreats for you church and leaders (Using Quiet Places/Still Waters as a resource)
- Youth/VBS/Camping events
- Cluster Celebrations Events